Silver Jubilee Seminar (BANA 25th Year celebration)
To commemorate Bihar Association of North America’s 25th Anniversary, we are conducting a seminar on Saturday, December 15, 2018. The seminar is open to all the lifetime members of BANA and members of other communities/organizations in the Greater Houston Area. Invited speakers and a selected panel will make their presentation and respond to questions from the audience. Overall, this seminar will promote knowledge and impact of changes, in the area of socio-economics, education, culture, business, science, and technology. BANA intends to organize such interactive and informative sessions periodically in the future.
The inaugural seminar will be held on Saturday, December 15th 2018 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at India House, 8888 West Bellfort Avenue, Houston, TX 77031.
Seminar Topics – Morning Session
- Religion and Philosophies
- Social and Cultural
- Current Political Issues including Nation Building
- Literature and Arts
- Social Work and Women Empowerment
Seminar Topics – Afternoon Session
- Education Systems including Gurukul and Distance Learning
- Role of Science and Technology on Human Health and Agriculture
- Business Innovations and Economy
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Climate Change and Global Warming
- Attendees of the seminar will be required to register online through the BANA website. There is no admittance fee, but donations are welcome.
- There will be a total of six to seven speakers in each session including a keynote speaker. The keynote speech will be scheduled for 30 minutes and other speeches for 15 minutes. For each session, there will be a chair presiding the session in addition to a moderator and a reporter.
- The selection of speakers will be through a formal process where BANA members can nominate speakers. BANA members and nominated individuals will submit their abstracts of 300 words. The deadline for the abstract submission is October 31, 2018. An independent selection committee outside of BANA will review abstracts and select speakers. BANA seminar committee will formally invite selected speakers by November 15, 2018.
- At the end of each session, there will be a Q&A on the topics with an expert panel for 30 minutes. The moderator will collect questions and facilitate with the panel to provide a response to the audience.
- Finally, to conclude the session, the reporter will summarize the critical points to the audience. Overall, it will be an enriching experience for everyone.
- We will invite speakers to submit their article on the subject for publication in 2018-BIHARIKA.