Academic Fest Registration 2021 is Open:
Speech (Middle Grade) Topics:
Resolved: Increased United States federal regulation of cryptocurrency transactions and/or assets will produce more benefits than harms.
Resolved: In the United States, social media is beneficial for democratic values.
Resolved: A public health emergency justifies limiting civil liberties.
PS: These topics are courtesies other public sources
- Date : August 7th, 2021
- Time : 8:00 AM CDT to 4:00 PM CDT
- Venue : Virtual Competitions
Schedule TBD for 2021 – Similar to 2020 Event (7th August)
Grade: 1-3 (Primary) – General Math, ART / Painting, Spelling Bee (New for online)
Grade 4-5 (Elementary) – General Math, Science, ART / Painting, Spelling Bee (New for online)
Grade 6-8 (Middle) – General Math, Science, Vocabulary, Speech (New for online)
Grade 9-12 (High) – SAT Practice Test
BANA Academic Fest 2020 Results:
The Bihar Association of North America (BANA) has been organizing the Academic Fest for the past 21 years and we are going to continue our tradition this year as well. Although the fest will not be organized in the similar fashion as we did in the past, BANA will be organizing the competitions with the help of online technology. This process will enable BANA to not only meet the safety guidelines laid down by the National, State and Local agencies in-regards to COVID-19 prevention, but also ensure the safety of our participants and parents. The fest will be held on August 7, 2021. The Academic Fest is open to all students entering Grades 1 to 12 in the school academic year 2021-22.
The contest categories include: general math, science, arts, vocabulary, and SAT. We will not be holding the spelling bee competitions (Primary and Elementary), Speech (Middle) and Debate (High) due to our limitations this year. The registration deadline is Aug 1st.
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the coordinators mentioned on the web site.
BANA Academic Fest 2021 Team:-
Rajeev Jha – 201-887-3613
Vinay Karna – 281-300-6473
Migration: In the nature that a man/woman who is appreciative of the fact that he/she has to adopt the way of life of a new land, he/she need not abandon the people, the culture and the tradition of the land he/she once lived in. It is in such pursuit that this association came into existence on March 27, 1992 when:
We, the people from Bihar, India, living in the United States of America joined together and declared the formation of the BIHAR ASSOCIATION OF NORTH AMERICA which is organized and operated exclusively for education and charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or to any corresponding provision of any future federal tax law.
The primary activities of BANA will include the following:
1. Academic Festival: The Academic Festival will be held every year in the United States of America at an academic institution in the Greater Houston area. The purpose of the Academic Festival will be to bring together students from Kindergarten to 12th grade to participate and
compete in spelling bee, math, vocabulary, speech, debate, art, SAT, etc. Top performers in each of the academic categories will be awarded trophies and certificates. The activity will typically be held towards the end of the summer vacation and will help students to prepare for academic competitions during the school year.
2. Cultural Festival: The cultural festival will be held every year in the United States of America at a venue in the Greater Houston area. The primary objective of the festival is to promote music, dance and performing arts traditions (both popular and classical), primarily, of Bihar, among
both BANA members and non-BANA attendees of the Festival. The performers of the arts, at the Festival, will typically be members of BANA from the Greater Houston area. They may also include non-BANA performers who have interest in culture and traditions of Bihar.
3. Arrange seminars and meetings concerning Bihar and India and their interrelationship with the United States and other North American Countries generally to promote educational and cultural activities among people having interest in Bihar.